In these tough economic times with cut backs and job restructuring it is time to put your best foot forward. Coaching can help you to achieve these goals with an impartial third party assessment. Professional coaches use tools to help determine the areas that you would like to target for improvement. Coaching tools can be helpful in assessing the following areas:
- Brainstorming/goal setting – figuring out what you would like to accomplish.
- Prioritizing – learning to take care of the most important tasks first.
- Strengths/weaknesses – play up your strengths and work on areas of weakness.
- Communication/listening skills – listening skills will allow you to have empathy for others; communication skills will allow you to get your point across whether you are talking to management or your subordinates.
- Strategies to manage people – whether you are managing your employees or dealing with your boss, you need to learn how to meet and exceed expectations.
Once you have determined, with the help of your coach, the areas that you would like to develop and improve, you will work together to develop a plan for success. As you work toward your goals, your coach will be able to provide the feedback and support that you need every step of the way.